Sunday, January 25, 2015

What do you listen to?

What do you listen to when you're at the gym? Nothing, in your ears besides the sounds of weight machines? Music?

I listen to audiobooks. I realize that this is slightly unconventional but I'd get bored listen to the same music all the time and I don't have time to curate playlists. But, by listening to audiobooks I can combine two things I enjoy, exercising and reading. I've listened to dozens of books this way and I really enjoy it. Currently I'm listening to Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. I've read all of the Harry Potter books and seen all the movies multiple times so this is nothing new for me but I've heard that these are really well narrated and let's be real, you can't have too much Harry Potter in your life.

One of my favorite books to listen to at the gym? Tina Fey's Bossypants. Just be warned that it will make you laugh out loud and people might look at you weird. But, in Fey's words: "Who cares?"


No comments:

Post a Comment